If you want to increase the traffic to your website, there are three major areas to consider. These areas are part of CRO (conversion rate optimization). CRO is the process of optimizing all aspects of your website that draw somebody in. These include the overall design of your website landing pages, and sponsored search ads.
The most important thing to consider when creating these landing pages and ads is the keywords that you use. These keywords will help individuals find your page.
Conversion Rate Optimization Keywords
Here are some important things to remember when choosing your keywords.
- Make sure that the keywords are relevant, so that your intended audience will be able to think of these words when searching the internet.
- Remember to group and organize your keywords. Specific keyword groupings of a relevant nature will increase the chances of your website showing up in a search.
Conversion Rate Optimization Landing Page
The next item to consider is the landing page itself. The landing page is an introduction of what is to come if they continue into a website. This is why the overall design and attractiveness is important. Here are some things to consider when designing your landing page.
- Landing pages should always be the highest quality.
- Headlines should be concise and compelling.
- The content of the landing page should be concise and straight to the point.
- Make sure that your content will make sense to your intended audience.
- Make sure the design is attractive, but also simple and clean. Try out several pages, until you find out what will work best. AVOID CLUTTER!!!
- Do not request too much information, ask for only what is necessary…keep it user friendly.
Conversion Rate Optimization CTA
The other item you need to consider is the CTA (call to action). The CTA is part of both the landing page and the ads. CTA is important, because it asks the individual to take action. Here are some things to remember when considering the CTA.
- Keywords are important to creating good ads. These ads need to ask for a CTA, because this brings the customer further into the website.
- When creating the CTA for your landing page, remember that it needs to stand out.
- CTAs should be a focal point.
- CTAs need to be visually appealing.
- Most importantly, make sure that your CTA on your ad ties into the CTA on your landing page.
If you use these optimization tools, you are guaranteed to increase the traffic to your website.